Somato Respiratory Integration + the 12 Stages of Healing
Somato Respiratory Integration is made up of 12 Stages of Healing, which are divided into 3 distinct phases or “seasons”.
Phase 1 is Discovery and is an eye-opening phase where you learn how and where you are disconnected within yourself. Exploration of this phase helps you move from suffering or pain to connection. The Discovery phase includes the stages of Polarities / Rhythms and Stuck Perspective.
Phase 2 is Transformation and is a phase where you tap into your innate self through decisive action, being authentic to yourself and maintaining congruency between these things in your life. Movement through this phase allows you to create a new map of “self” and your emotional intelligence will guide you to make decisions that are life-supporting instead of destructive and habitual. The Transformation phase includes the stages of Reclaiming Our Power, Merging with the Suffering, Preparation for Discharge and Resolution Through Discharge.
Phase 3 is Awakening and is a phase of “being” and full integration of the new “you” you have uncovered. It is truly a stage of acceptance, joy and wholeness. You will no longer be living in a state of limbo. You will be a source of light in your own life and the lives of others. The beauty of this stage is that you will be experiencing the joy of living, giving and providing to your full potential. The Awakening phase includes the stages of Emptiness, Light Behind the Form, Ascent, Descent, Community and Don’t Think – Be!
We so strongly believe in the power of everyone being able to reach their full potential through the techniques we have to offer. Our belief is that deep suffering does not have to cause a breakdown in your ability living to your full potential and can be overcome. We want to help you learn to explore all you have to offer the world. This is why we truly want to help you Connect, Align and Thrive.
Awareness, Acknowledgement + Acceptance
In SRI, we start the AAA process (not alcoholics anonymous, they meet down the street).
Awareness – Acknowledgement – Acceptance
Things to know before you get started with your first SRI experience:
- There’s no such thing as perfect. Be patient with yourself, and it’s okay if you don’t get it right away. The train will come back around.
- Emotion is expressed through facial expression, movement, and sound. Sometimes you may hear or express sounds, and that’s ok! It’s just energy moving through your emotional system.
- Crying or laughing is normal.
- Declarations are suggested and important to this practice. When we can acknowledge parts of us, we can accept them and they can help us. “Sometimes I feel so stuck”, or “I deserve more than this.”
- You are invited to participate and totally safe.
- If you ever are not okay with what emotions or feeling that might be coming up for you, let the Doctor know, and she will guide you through Stage 1 to find more safety and stability.